Tuesday, September 29, 2009

La Blogoteque

So I just came across this website that is awesome. It's http://www.blogotheque.net

I had seen this 'Bloc Party' vid before and absolutely loved it.





I was looking up a Brooklyn band by the name of 'Dirty Projectors' today when I came across a Wikipedia link about 'Take Away Shows". These shows are videos shot by different people recording different artists in all types of environments. This is from their website:

"Every week, we invite an artist or a band to play in the streets, in a bar, a park, or even in a flat or in an elevator, and we film the whole session. Of course, what makes the beauty of it is all the little incidents, hesitations, and crazy stuff happening unexpectingly. Besides, we do not edit the videos so they look perfectly flawless, instead we keep the raw sound of the surroundings.
"

I ended up looking through the rest of the musical acts they had recorded and I was amazed at all of the variety. If you get a chance, definitely check it out. They include; Fleet Foxes, Sigur Ros, Jason Mraz, Yo La Tengo, Jose Gonzalez, Au Revoir Simone, Grizzly Bear, The Shins, Cold War Kids, and many many more. Here are some of the ones I like:


Pigeon John flowing at the bus stop.




Grizzly Bear




Sigur Ros



Patrick Watson, you might have heard of him sing with The Cinematic Orchestra






No comments: