Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Today was a good day.

So lately I have been a little stressed out due to a few different things. Over the last week they have been getting a little better. Today was one of those days where I just kind of stopped in my tracks, sat down, took a deep breath, and realized that I need to appreciate what I do have.

As a part of my internship I took my group to Old Town. We were sitting there in the courtyard; in the beautiful sunshine, eating chips and salsa, drinking an ice cold Coca-Cola, had the hiccups, and hanging out with my group. I sat there and looked around just taking in the beautiful scenery when it hit me. I had my weekly realization that yeah I might not be in a "perfect" situation right now, but I do have it better than a lot of people out there and I need to grasp that thought more often.

On top of all of that, one of the boys from the group gave me a "trinket", I guess you could say. It looks almost like a dream catcher of sorts but it's from China, where this group of kids is from. They are a nice group of kids; pleasant, polite, and disciplined group, which has been a pleasure to show around town.

And, last but not least, an old old friend I used to work with found me on Facebook. I couldn't help but laugh when I saw he had added me. He was one of the coolest supervisors I have ever had.

Good times.

No comments: