Saturday, September 12, 2009

Go Forth!

It has been a while since I have posted a blog on here. Not too sure why though. I guess I have been somewhat busy, but that would kind of be a lie. I just haven't had that "need" or "want" to blog out some words onto this thing the kids call the "world wide web."

Well here's some good news to those few who stumble across my blog. I received great news yesterday morning via email that one of my photos has been selected to be shown at a gallery exhibit at the Union Square Levi's store in San Francisco. I was in shock when I saw the email headline in my inbox. Yes, I had day dreamed a couple of times when I first submitted the pics in July, but I really did not expect to win. Why? You may ask, well because there were "tons" of photos submitted and there were many many great ones from my perspective and yet I was one of five people selected to the exhibit.



Another reason I am excited is because this is the 2nd contest I have been on the winning end of in the last 6 months. To those of you who do not know, I won another photography contest earlier this year through the clothing brand GrnAppleTree. They selected my photo to be used on one of their new t-shirt designs coming out at the end of this year. Also, I am excited because the only other time that I had anything in a gallery was at Mesa College when I had a drawing shown at the school gallery on campus.

I have already had a chance to check out one of the other photographers work and it is awesome. He's a freelance photographer, went to art school and has done work for Etnies and work for some snowboard companies, along with work for bands. I am excited to meet the other photographers so I can learn about them and how they have gotten to where they are at now. I feel like I might be a little overwhelmed because I'm sure some of them will have gone to college for this type of trade and have some nice cameras, whereas I bought an old Canon camera off ebay 6 years ago and taught myself how to use it. I haven't had instruction in photography, but I really want to learn more about it and keep capturing things going on around me. Art is what I love, hopefully I can find a way to make it a bigger part of my life and see where that goes.

Now I just wait for them to contact me about travel arrangements. I'm getting flight and room accommodations paid for. Oh yeah lol.

"Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up." - Picasso

No comments: