Thursday, December 10, 2009

One mic.

17A
keep passin' me by.

15A
all I need.

18A
rep to the death of it.

16A
let it go.

I met this guy last night. I was walking down G street in downtown and I heard him playing his guitar and singing. I am not going to lie, I actually thought he had a very good voice. I went back to my car and grabbed my camera. I came back and motioned to him if I could snap some photos, to which he gave the universal nod of acceptance. As I snapped the pics, people walked by and watched. A couple passing by cheered him on, offering words of encouragement. They tossed a couple of bucks into his guitar case, which sat open as if saying "show me some love" on this cold night. I took a couple of more pics and people looked over as they passed him sitting on the cold bricks outside the theater. I started talking to him, introducing myself. His name is Brennan. Hailing from Michigan, he decided to travel around with friends some time ago, eventually landing in America's finest city. The last 4 1/2 years of playing the guitar, he now plays for those who will listen as they walk the streets of downtown.

No comments: